Why do you need to moisturize dry skin? And what is the best moisturizer?
Sounds simple, but do you know, really?
Getting dry skin occasionally is normal. It means that your body needs more water to function and it has used all of it, including the water molecules from your skin. You don’t want to have a dry skin do you? Dry skin flakes and it doesn’t look flattering. You need to drink more water and take care more of your skin to keep it young and radiant.
If you use acne products, you should be aware that they can dry out your skin really fast. So, when you do, moisturize it right after treating it.
As your skin cells reproduce every day, moisturizing can helps them in the process. It makes your skin look healthier and attractive in the long term. Besides, applying moisturizer feels very refreshing.
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT MOISTURIZER:
First of all, you want to see organic ingredients in the description, like shea butter, jojoba oil, almond oil, aloe extract, Vitamins E, C.
Second, you need to know that glycerin and alpha hydroid acids helps absorb the moisture from the air around you. (And make sure there is a moisture in the air). Mineral oils, lanolin and petrolatum enrich your skin cells, making your skin more smooth and look glowing.
WHAT ARE 6 BEST MOISTURIZERS FOR DRY SKIN:
- Cold Pressed Coconut Oil is great, but if you use it as it is, you may want to use Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil. Use it once a week, because if you use it too often, it can dry your skin over the time.
- My favorite body moisturizer of all times is Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. It makes your body silky smooth. It’s rich in Vitamin E and coconut oil and it has a very nice smell!
- Organic Moisturizer by Christina Moss Naturals. This face moisturizer is suitable for any skin type. It’s rich in minerals and oils, such as Aloe Vera, Apricot Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable glycerin, coconut and almond oil.
- Organic Moisturizer from Fresh Face Organix is great at fighting wrinkles, dark spots, and even sunburn. It contains shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil, apricot oil, avocado oil, jojoba, vegetable glycerin and Vitamin E. These ingredients makes your skin feel refreshed and younger looking.
- Avalon Organics Intense Defense Oil-Free Moisturizer is best for day time use because it contains no oil, but only valuable ingredients such as lavender, chamomile, white tea, aloe vera, vegetable glycerin and Vitamin C. As it has no oil, it will not make you look oily the whole day through..
- Certified Organic Raw Shea Butter is great if you are a fan of naturally pure treatments for your skin. Shea Butter is awesome on its own and makes your skin silky and smooth like a cloud! For better results, you should use it no more than twice a week. Do this so your skin won’t get used to the ingredient that every time shea butter, you will still find it effective.
When we use the same cream every day, our skin gets more used to the ingredients and cream that worked awesomely during the first month of use. Gradually, you will start getting less effect when you become immune. I would suggest to have a few options and switch creams every month, if possible so they can still work effectively on your skin.
Remember, when you take a shower, you get a lot of water on your skin. But hot shower will cause you to lose even more water with the heat. Applying moisturizer right after your hot shower will help your skin to keep the necessary amount of moisture.