The skin is our largest organ and therefore, it needs consistent care. As we age, it ages too, giving us all kinds of different surprising problems that we need to take care of. You may not change your routine over the years, but your skin will do anyways. And so perhaps, you may unexpectedly discover dark or white spots on your face and body one morning.
DARK SPOTS, also known as age spots, sun spots or liver spots are the blemishes on your skin which are usually caused by sun exposure, aging, genetics, and sometimes, lack of vitamins or skincare chemicals.
Dark spots are pretty harmless, but they don’t look pretty on your face. Yes, they often appear on your face, neck and arms – these are the most exposed parts of your body!
The most common cause of sun overdose is spending so much time tanning that the melanin concentration in your skin gets larger, leaving brown spots on your face.
As you age, the skin renewal process slows down. All your little skincare mistakes in the past like not using sunscreen and spending long hours under the sun will start to take a toll on your face. Annoying dark spots will develop and may be stay permanent on your face.
GETTING RID OF DARK SPOTS IS QUITE EASY WITH THESE TIPS:
- Lemon Juice (or Apple Cider) Mask. Squeeze out lemon juice and apply it on your dark spots for 20 min. If you have dry skin, mix it with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Do this once a day and in a week, you’ll start to see results. Or you can use a commercial product specifically made for reducing dark spots like Dark Spot Corrector Cream by Retseliney.
- Exfoliate dead skin! When you exfoliate your skin, you renew your skin layer. New skin layers are more effective in absorbing the vitamins and masks you are feeding it. You may opt to use brightening face scrub like Acure Brightening Facial Scrub or if you want a stronger product, use Cleansing Face and Body Brush by Essential Skin Solutions together with Microdrodermabrasion Facial Cream Scrub.
- Always apply sunscreen as the last step of your morning skin care routine. Reapply it during the day, if necessary. Remember, it’s not only the sun you are protecting your skin from; it’s also the computer, cellphone screen light, bright indoor lamps and any surface that reflects light. Read more about various sunscreen options here: SUN PROTECTION: WHY&HOW TO HELP YOUR SKIN.
WHITE SPOTS may appear as a cause of vitiligo decease, infections, hormonal pills intake, immunity disorders, allergies or burns.
Though it’s good to know that white spots are harmless; they only produce uncomfortable cosmological effect.
THERE ARE DIFFERENT CAUSES AND TREATMENTS TO IT:
- Vitiligo is the cause of dying cells that are in charge of producing melanin. They can occur because of chronic diseases left untreated, stress and body toxication or any contact with harmful chemicals. Doctors are still not very sure of the nature of vitiligo and how to treat it properly, but most common recommendations are:
- Take care of your immune system and stress. Doctor may prescribe you with autoimmune medicines to stop vitiligo from getting worse.
- Laser procedures and surgeries which inserts melanin cells into the white spots on your body can be a solution too.
- Infection and yeast.
- See the doctor to determine the real cause of your white spots (in some cases, they may be also brown or pink). Don’t self-medicate as you may just worsen it. Get the right prescription from your doctor to properly cure your skin.
- Tanning+pills. If you are taking hormonal pills and like to tan yourself, you should know that the chemical reaction of these two may kill your cells that are in charge of producing melanin. This causes your skin to show white spots.
- Use the strongest sunscreen and try to avoid sunbathing for the time being when you are taking hormonal pills.
- Eczema, Psoriasis, chemical burn. The creams and lotions which are meant to cure your eczema and psoriasis may have chemicals that burn your wound together with the skin. By the time that the wound is gone, a white spot of the same size and shape of your wound stays on your skin. The white patch usually goes away naturally within a year, but there are ways to speed up the process:
- Use Ginger. Ginger stimulates blood circulation, which speeds up cell reproduction, including melanin. Plus, ginger fights the infection. Apply fresh ginger on your white spots twice a day (you may add a red clay to it). You may as well drink a cup or two of ginger juice to speed up the process.
- Coconut oil is great at fighting bacteria, inflammation and boosting melanin production. Make sure you pick Extra Virgin Cold Press Coconut Oil for the most natural and effective treatment.
Remember that you are in charge of your future body. Feed your body with creams which contain natural ingredients and do homemade masks and bath treatments at least once a month.
White and Dark spots treatment may take a while, so it’s always a good idea to get a darker or lighter corrector that can fix your skin imperfections when you need it. I use YSL Radiant Touch Highlighter for my face and Dermablend Quick Fix Full Body Coverage to cover up my tattoo. They both work perfectly fine in solving my problems. They are the number 1 in my emergency make up kit :D
WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR BODY LOVE AND CARE, IT BECOMES MORE BEAUTIFUL! EVERYTHING BECOMES MORE BEAUTIFUL FROM THE ACT OF LOVE <3