Skin color is a very interesting subject. When I was in China, local girls there constantly used various creams to make their skin lighter, up to the point where some of them had bluish skin. In Russia, it’s the opposite; everyone is trying to be darker. Girls are spending a lot of time in tanning beds in winter and by the beach in summer. The goal is to go tan as possible, like chocolate. Here in America, where there is a good mix of different cultures, the women here tend to strike a good balance between extreme tanning and whitening. What we all want for our skin is for it to have an even tone, a brighter glow and a younger-looking feel. But under the effect of the sun, even a very good sunscreen can’t totally protect our skin from getting darker. At the same time, because of aging, our skin becomes more vulnerable that we can’t fully prevent dark spots to occur.
Skin whitening is the process of reducing melanin concentration in your skin. There are various ways of doing it, from natural home remedies to questionable chemically-dependent treatments.
SKIN WHITENING HOME REMEDIES:
First of all, never use bleach or other chemical solutions which are not specific for skin whitening! Your body can start producing ugly pigmentation, turning you into a giraffe very quickly.
Second, exfoliate. Exfoliation is the secret for your body’s healthy glow and faster reaction on the effect of creams or solutions that you use after the shower. For better effect, use a scrub based on sugar, like Shea Sugar Body Scrub with Almond Oil or salt, like Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub.
- Lemon Juice. Lemon Juice is the best home solution for skin whitening. Lemon Juice itself will be very harsh, making your skin dry very fast. Here’s how you should apply it:
Squeeze out the lemon juice and add the same amount of water (or Aloe Vera, or Cucumber). Mix it carefully. Then, apply it on your skin for 30-40 min. Afterwhich, carefully rinse it off and apply a thick layer of moisturizer. Repeat the procedure 3 times a week and you’ll notice your skin go 1-2 tone lighter in a month!
Never go outside with lemon juice on your face – you’ll burn your skin, causing dark spots to develop. And you’ll look like my favorite animal today – giraffe.
- Gram Flour Paste. Gram Flower is very helpful for skin whitening. Take some flower and mix it with water, just enough to form a paste. Apply this paste on your body. After it dries out, wash it off with cool water. Do this 2 times a week for better results.
- Green Tea Mask. This is very effective in making your skin brighter and lightening up your skin tone. Choose organic green tea so you may apply this mask every day. Also, drinking a cup of green tea will help your body get rid of toxins, helping you achieve better skin from the inside as well.
This is the healthiest and organic way to skin whitening. The result is going to look natural and it’s more attractive.
If you decide to switch to whitening skincare products also, my advice is – look for Korean and Japanese beauty products – these are pretty much effective in skin whitening.
SKIN WHITENING PRODUCTS:
- Cleansers are very powerful. I used a whitening cleanser a few times and my skin turned into vampire-white pretty quick, so I know it works. The Korean cleanser Amore Laneige White Plus Renew Foam Cleanser is good for face skin whitening. You can also consider The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam.
- Whitening Skin Mask with Natural ingredients and Vitamin C, B3 by Swiss Botany is something that you may want to consider to have if home made remedies are not an option.
- The toner that will work best in making your skin lighter is Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula and Lemon.
4. Skin Whitenning Serum by Pure Body Naturals is something that I use before moisturizing my face with night cream 3 times a week.
6.KJ style Bikyaku Leg Gel is a Japanese products which whitens and tightens your legs. It both has a slimming and moisturizing effect. You can also use it on your whole body.
While you work on making your skin whiter and brighter, don’t forget to moisturize! A dark, fresh body looks better than a light and wrinkled one! Double the effort of moisturizing, so can achieve beautiful results as your skin gets lighter and lighter.